A pair of orange/brown leather gloves, second half of the 17th century, with integral but slim gauntlet, with folio cutwork designs revealing the wine silk lining, embroidered and edged with wine floss silks and with two plain ribbon tabs to side, elongated fingers outlined in delicate running stitches, 32 cm long. See Connoisseur, October 1919, p. 88 fig 7 for an illustration of this glove as part of the Robert Spence collection where it is described as Hungarian. Decoration technique is similar to that used on 23379.
Part of the Collection donated to the Livery in 1959 by the late Robert Spence. Conserved 1995 – 1999 with help from the NHLF.